The PFA has announced the Women’s Player of the Year 2020 nominations with the winner set to be announced on Tuesday, September 8.
Who will scoop the Women’s Player of the Year 2020?
- Beth England (midfielder, forward)– Chelsea
- Sophie Ingle (midfielder) – Chelsea
- Guro Reiten (midfielder) – Chelsea
- Ji So-Yun (midfielder) – Chelsea
- Kim Little (midfielder) – Arsenal
- Vivianne Miedema (forward) – Arsenal
As we can see Chelsea, the winners of the Women’s Super League 2020, dominates the nominations for the Player of the Year accolade.
They have piped Manchester City’s trio, Caroline Weir, Lauren Hemp, and Steph Houghton, who are worth the mention after their fantastic seasons. The former, Caroline Weir, was also named the winner of the Goal of the Season.
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
PFA Women’s Players’ Player of The Year Nominees:
🔵 Beth England
🔵 Sophie Ingle
🔴 Kim Little
🔴 Vivianne Miedema
🔵 Guro Reiten
🔵 Ji-So Yun pic.twitter.com/VCsUmw5Z19
— Football Daily (@footballdaily) September 4, 2020
More from Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil: Did loyalty cost the German his place at Arsenal?
- Mesut Ozil reacts to Arsenal’s latest omission from Premier League squad
- Arsenal: Have we seen the last of Mesut Ozil as a Gunner
- Arsenal’s offer way below Lyon’s valuation of Houssem Aouar
- Why Arsenal are desperate to sign Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey
The Chelsea striker has scored a combined total of 21 goals in both the Super League and Continental League Cup.
Ingle scored only 4 goals in all competitions but the reason for her being named is because she showed her superb technical ability on the counter-attack, while also having the ability to produce world-class finishes when it mattered the most.
Reiten joined Chelsea in 2019 and scored a total of 7 goals. She’s a very creative left-footed player, who played a vital role in crucial times by creating a number of assists. She was nominated for her impressive individual performances time and time again.
So-yun has the same number of goals as Reiten for Chelsea. Her technical ability on big occasions has helped her to be in the running for the award.
Miedema scored 16 goals in 12 games in the Super League. She also scored superb back-to-back hat-tricks against Slavia Praha in the WCL. She was involved in all 10 of the goals scored against Bristol City in the FA WSL, scoring six times and registering four assists. She has a total of 29 goals in all competitions for 2019/20.
The Little captain of Arsenal WFC has a total of 12 goals and 6 assists in 21 matches. She showcased her creativeness from the middle of the park.
Who do you think has a chance to win the PFA Women’s Player of the Year 2020? Let us all wait eagerly for the next Tuesday.