Manchester United may replace Jadon Sancho with Kaoru Mitoma

Kaoru Mitoma of Brighton & Hove Albion (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)
Kaoru Mitoma of Brighton & Hove Albion (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images) /

Manchester United could bring in a sensational replacement for their rebel winger Jadon Sancho. Rumour has it, Erik ten Hag wants Kaoru Mitoma of Brighton.

Manchester United are in desperate need of winger recruitments in the summer. Even now Antony is back and available, Erik ten Hag still looks depleted of options on the flank of attack.

Admittedly, the situation wasn’t helped with off-field issues involving the manager and Jadon Sancho. I won’t bore you with the stories because only those who live under a rock don’t know about the bust up. Long story short, Sancho probably won’t play another game for United.

With that in mind, Erik ten Hag is wasting no time in seeking his replacement. We have already suggested five Sancho replacements for the manager to consider, but he’s come up with his own and admittedly, it’s a big surprise.

Manchester United eye Kaoru Mitoma as Jadon Sancho replacement

According to a report from Fichajes, Manchester United will compete with their rivals City for the signing of Kaoru Mitoma from Brighton and Hove Albion. Although, contrastly, yesterday we reported that Mitoma had signed a new five-year deal at the Amex Stadium.

Everybody knows that Brighton are a selling club. Their transfer business in the last few windows makes this no secret. But selling Mitoma could be detrimental to them as a club. He is by far and away their best player in recent history and even De Zerbi, the astute tactician, may be lost without him.

Long story short, Brighton are difficult to negotiate with at the best of times and given Mitoma’s new deal, they really have no obligation to sell their Japanese superstar. It will take a killer offer from either of the Manchester clubs but he’d certainly be worth it.

Do you think Manchester United will sign Kaoru Mitoma to replace Jadon Sancho?